A raw, vegan, gluten-free brownie recipe that will knock your socks off and give you an energy kick. Make ahead and store in the refrigerator for later. Serve with a scoop of peanut butter or healthy ice cream.
Serves: 12 brownies
- 1¼ cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1½ cups pitted dates, soaked to soften
- 1 cup raw cacao powder, divided
- ½ tbsp Via Bom Dia Cinnamon Chocolate Cacao ground coffee
- 1¾ tsp vanilla extract, divided
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- sea salt
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts until crumbly. Scoop out ¼ cup of the crumble and reserve for later.
- Add hemp seeds and dates and process until very sticky and chopped.
- Add ½ cup cacao powder, 1½ tsp vanilla extract, ¼ tsp salt, and ground coffee and process until well combined.
- In a parchment lined baking pan scoop the mixture and press until smooth and flat. Layer the pressed mixture with the crumbled walnuts previously set aside, so that you have two layers so far and freeze for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a small pot over medium heat and add the coconut oil until melted. Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup cacao powder, maple syrup, ¼ tsp vanilla extract, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer and drizzle the chocolate over the brownies. Put it back in the freezer until the top hardens, or about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and slice into squares. Serve chilled.