- Loads of Antioxidants: Coffee is actually the number one sources of antioxidants for Americans.
- Basically No Calories: On top of that, a cup of black coffee has a calorie count of 2! Yes, that’s right, 2 calories. Your calorie count will increase with added milk and sugar, which is why we at Via Bom Dia work very hard to make your cup so real and delicious you don’t even consider additives
- Prevention: Recent coffee consumption studies have shown that drinking coffee regularly protects against type 2 diabetes & Parkinson’s diseases. It also lowers your risk of liver cancer and disease, reduces your risk of stroke, helps against prostate cancer, reduces risk of endometrial cancer and even prevents heart failure. Whew! That's a lot.
Now, the above may not really be new news to you, but lets consider the additional benefits you'll be getting from your morning cup if its has real cacao nibs in it. Cacao is a true superfood and is often called "Nature's Chocolate Chips." Cacao nibs are made from pure cacao beans that come straight out of the tropical cacao fruit. This is not a new 'health super food fad' however, cacao was actually a culinary treasure to Mesoamericans for thousands of years and touted as the "Food of the Gods" for its superior nutritional profile and exceptional flavor. It has been consumed for its invigorating and healthy properties for generations in Mexican, Central and South American cultures. In fact, in ancient Mexican civilizations, cacao brew was served in golden goblets for guests of honor.
This is why we use it in our chocolate flavored coffees. Keeping it real with the purest form of chocolate available, delicious and worthy of royal golden goblets. Here are the other reasons cacao rocks:
- Protects from free radicals: Cacao is one of the highest sources of antioxidants around. High levels of antioxidants protect the body from a buildup of free radicals from sun exposure, pollution, cigarette smoking, etc., which can damage healthy body tissue giving rise to cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- Prevents cancer & makes you smile: Flavonoids, similar to antioxidants, seek out free radicals and have anti cancer properties. They are also known to improve your mood, eating cacao literally puts a smile on your face :)
- Improves digestion: 1 oz. of cacao nibs has 9 grams of fiber which helps lower cholesterol levels and keeps you regular. To put into context, If you drink 2 cups of our Dark Chocolate Cacao coffee you are getting 3 grams of fiber. Cacao also stimulates the body’s production of digestive enzymes. Happy guts all around.
- Has loads of essential minerals: Magnesium, and other essential minerals including calcium, sulfur, zinc, iron, copper, potassium, and manganese...
- Replaces your vitamin pill: Cacao is loaded with vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, E....Basically cacao has it all